Thursday, 24 March 2016
We will update the blog when we arrive back in Portsmouth and keep you updated if there are any delays on our return to school.
Wednesday, 23 March 2016
George- "I have got one step closer to conquering my fear of heights!"
Leighm- "I've overcome my fear of heights and feeling unsafe, by doing the cat walk!"
Robert- "I overcame my fear of abseiling!!!"
Max- "climbing up the trapeze, I was scared, but I did it and I'm SO proud!"
Ethan- "I enjoyed the food!!"
Irma- "I liked the fencing!"
Charlie- "the climbing was really high but it was a big achievement getting to the top!"
Now we are off to the quiz!
Tuesday, 22 March 2016
Monday, 21 March 2016
Before Christmas, the Foundation Stage children wrote to Her Majesty The Queen as part of British Values Week. There was great excitement this week as a reply arrived, along with some jewels for the children to look after. Unfortunately, the jewels were stolen! And so ensued a hunt to find the culprit. The children were inspired to write apology letters, plans for catching the burglars and crime investigation notes. The children have not given up their search, so watch out as everyone is a suspect!
The Foundation Stage children were very lucky to have a visit from two dinosaur experts on Tuesday. They helped the children learn more about dinosaurs and fossils. The children had fun using their senses to investigate a variety of dinosaur teeth, bones and claws. They even held some fossilised poo!
Thank you to Mr Holdship and Mr Green for an interesting afternoon, which has inspired many questions from the children.
Friday, 18 March 2016
The Year 6 residential is due to depart mid-morning on Monday 21st March. Please arrive at school at the normal time. We will be leaving at approximately 11:15am. The children can come in to school via the community / hall entrance, where they will be able to leave their bags. They should then go to class as normal for the first part of the morning.
- All children must bring a large snack as well as packed lunch and drinks on Monday. The first meal that will be provided will be in the evening.
- Please bring a drink bottle that can be used throughout the week.
- Your children do not need to bring bedding: this is provided.
- Any medication should be handed to members of staff, clearly labelled on Monday morning. It is VITAL you inform the school of any recent changes to your child's medical needs.
- For those whose child's contact details / medical requirements / recent health have changed recently, please bring the form below and hand it to a member of staff on Monday morning.
- Your child should come with suitable clothing to keep them warm and dry. Layers are good!
Finally, please be aware that the coach is due to return us to school at approximately 4.45pm on Thursday 24th March. All parents must arrange for their child to be collected at this time. You will be informed of any delays via the school blog.
We hope your child is as excited as we are!
The Year 6 Team